My simple oil-free chicken is perfect for a school night as it’s a one-dish bake, which is filling and tasty!
3 medium red potatoes
1 red pepper
400g cherry tomatoes
1kg chicken drumsticks
Madras curry powder
Garlic and ginger paste
Natural Greek yoghurt
Chilli flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (fan oven).
2. Slice red potatoes, 0.5 – 1 cm thick and dice 1-2 onions.
3. Slice some red pepper chunks and cherry tomatoes in half.
4. Wash the chicken drumsticks and score the fleshy parts each side.
5. Using madras curry powder, rock salt, coarse pepper, blended garlic and ginger and natural Greek yoghurt, coat over the chicken, peppers and onions generously. Mix thoroughly before covering with foil, and then bake for 35 minutes, temperature to 200 degrees (fan oven).
6. Take off foil, drizzle honey over the chicken in a zigzag fashion and turn the chicken over. Zig zag honey on this side.
7. Put the chicken back in the oven, this time uncovered for another 20 mins. Add a bit of water if the sauce too dry.
8. Turn the chicken again and mix sauce over it for another 10-15 minutes.
9.Take out of oven and garnish with coriander.
Variations: for a bit of kick, you can add chilli flakes to the marinade and for more flavour, marinade for two hours in the fridge before baking.
Lower heat slightly if the chicken is crisping. Honey can burn quickly.
Have a go at my super easy recipe and let me know how it goes. Do share your photos. Happy eating!