I have always taken the day off on my birthday and before I log out of Facebook for today, I remind myself of the lessons from each year that I have lived (and some more so you do not guess my age)!
The past reminds me of what is to come.
- Do not let other people speak your voice, develop your own tone
- If you do not write your own story, someone else will
- Remain independent- earn you own money, have your bookshelf and ask for time alone when no one should need you.
- Love in the face of hardship, always. When you can love in tough times you know that relationship is worth
- Never be scared of uttering words of truth. They are the only way to live well
- The most important word in your dictionary is Integrity
- Have days in your week when you are free to create the worst mess of your life. Spend the rest to create order and clean up your mistakes
- Read every day!
- Write a sentence about your heart every day to remain sane
- Making a living is not the same as making a life. Know the difference
- Eat at least one portion of super food every day. Avocado, berries or a spoon of organic raw honey will do you a lot of good
- If you cannot think your way out of it, walk it out
- Travel. Even if it means to travel to the corners of your mind, travel, nevertheless. When you move, you shift your energy, life and the narrative of your existence
- If you cannot sleep, let your soul speak. Listen and follow what is says
- Do not neglect your prayers; it is your way to peace. What others do is not your concern, what you do for peace is your responsibility
- Sing in the shower, hum your song whenever you can
- Call your parents if they are alive every other day
- Read essays on the big things of life- friendships, love, forgiveness, the life of butterflies
- Be in nature every day, it is the best way to remember how short our life is
- Work in cycles, live in circles, love endlessly and stand firmly on your ground
- If you have kids, take charge of their education
- Never let the reigns of honesty loose. One word of lie is all it takes to start the avalanche
- Lead a simple life. All complexities will make sense when you know the tools of simplicity
- Always be content with what you have, never stagnate with who you are and work on your ‘Being’ more than your ‘Doing’.
- Sit for 15 minutes in complete silence every day.
- Do not worry about what others do and how they do it. Just do your thing
- Have at least three friends you can call at your lowest. When you are at your height, everyone loves you
- Do not seek anything outside of you. Everything that is important comes from the inside- peace, love, kindness, justice…
- Let your Soul shine in this world of fake glitz
- Never worry about how fast you achieve what you are working on. Just do one little thing every day. Consistency over speed
- Let your heart be more open than your mind
- It is a skill to live well but it is also a skill to die well. At a certain junction you need to shift your internal compass towards the latter
- A life well-lived is a life full of failures. Failures are signs that you have tried
- Do not be scared of money. If you have it, share it. If you do not have it, it cannot hold you hostage
- Collect your life’s story, on your deathbed you will be grateful you did
- Gather around your dining table with your family, there is magic in the kitchen when you prepare meals together and eat it in peace
- Teach yourself a positive language to converse with your soul
- Learn at least two foreign languages apart from your mother tongue, even if it is 15 sentences, you will glimpse into another world
- Always approach everything with curiosity. Curiosity is the best mindset one can have; it cracks your mind open to the things you have never considered
- Do one public speech at least once in your life. You will know the meaning of courage
- Walk away from anyone who makes you question whether they are honest or not. It is likely they are not.
- If something smells fishy, it is.
- Create a time in your family’s life when everyone can talk about their heart. These moments stay with us forever
- Work hard for your money but do not be concerned how much you make. Be concerned about the number of people you helped with your work
- Blessing is in togetherness
- 1+1=11. In marriage, in friendship, in family or work relationships. you multiply when you put your efforts together
By Henrietta Szovati
Original source: https://www.facebook.com/henrietta.szovati/posts/10157552700576848
Henrietta is a Writer, Leadership Coach, Personal and Professional Development Coach at Barefoot Institute. She is a Hungarian born British with Spanish blood rushing through her veins. In her own words: “I work with people who are fascinated with finding their presence.
I help people put themselves on the map and use their voice for all the things they have passion for in the world. My clients are passion-driven entrepreneurs, corporate individuals, creative and intelligent people who love the world more than they love themselves.”
Leave a Reply